Thank you for your interest in applying for a Grant from the Woburn Community Educational Foundation!
The Educator Grants Program is now closed – grant awards for classroom and school-based programs will be announced in March 2024
WCEF’s Grant Program for Educator Professional Development is Now Open!
Program opens: January 22, 2024
Deadline for proposals: April 26, 2024.
Any applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Grant Range: Up to $500
- Grants will be awarded for professional development and training during out of school time that cannot be covered by the regular school budget
- Eligible Applicants: Educational professionals employed by the Woburn Public Schools
Please note: WCEF will not directly provide reimbursement for fees or tuition paid by any educator. All grant awards will be disbursed through the Woburn Public School Business Office.
Educators: check with your principal and/or department head before you apply to confirm that the PD you are requesting WCEF to fund is not already covered and/or being offered by the Woburn Public Schools.
Professional Development grants must be expended by December 31, 2024.
Professional Development grants are made to educational professionals to broaden and deepen their understanding of a variety of educational techniques, approaches, subjects and disciplines. Preference would go to those grants which allow and encourage professionals to share their learnings with their colleagues and students to increase overall impact.
What can be funded:
- Tuitions, books and materials for courses, conferences, workshops, seminars, professional meetings or research programs
- Mileage and parking
What cannot be funded:
- Airfare, sea or long distance train travel
- Meals (unless they are included in an event registration)
- Graduate credit necessary for salary increases
- Regular professional or curriculum development programs within the purview of Woburn Public Schools
Questions? Please call us at 781-281-9589 or email email@example.com