The Woburn Community Educational Foundation (WCEF) Board of Directors invites applications from local individuals interested in supporting the continued growth and impact of WCEF as the organization’s next Executive Director.
This person would receive full training and support from WCEF’s outgoing ED, and have the opportunity to build on the success of a young organization committed to supporting today’s educators and students in the Woburn Public Schools.
Reporting to and appointed by the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) carries out all administrative and operational functions of the organization, manages fundraising and communications, and ensures the integrity of WCEF as a transparent and impactful nonprofit organization in accordance with community expectations as well as local, state and federal law.
- Serve as clerk of the Board of Directors; maintain organizational records and archives
- Develop and maintain systems through which to track and report on the organization’s finances and activities
- Manage WCEF’s Educator Grants Program; work with educators and the School Department to track use of grant funds and to report on impact of each project
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations; complete and submit required forms and reports
Fundraising & Communications:
- Manage relationships with WCEF’s institutional funders; prepare and submit grant proposals and reports that reflect the organization’s impact and potential
- Contribute to ongoing efforts to grow revenues through events and initiatives
- Operationalize fundraising initiatives:
Create materials to promote and support fundraising events and activities
- Identify and solicit sponsors
- Manage details, including vendors, ticketing/sales, supplies, timelines, tasks and volunteer roles
- Direct the activities of the Woburn Hall of Fame Committee; produce a successful Woburn Hall of Fame Induction Event
- Thank and steward donors
- Manage WCEF website
- Represent WCEF in the community
- Produce engaging and timely email communications
- Respond to phone calls and emails to the organization appropriately
Qualities of a Strong Candidate
- Passion for supporting the Woburn Public Schools
- Strong computer skills, with high level of comfort using Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Google Suite, WordPress and other applications
- Highly organized, dependable and articulate
WCEF is a young and growing organization that currently runs a full menu of fundraising activities, including a Winter Raffle, Woburn’s Awesome Teacher Tribute, Gourmet Gala and bi-annual Woburn Hall of Fame.
This is a volunteer role, eligible for a stipend as determined by the WCEF Board of Directors.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to WCEF via email at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.